Wednesday, October 20, 2010

...The Punter?!

This came to me from another website earlier today. Colts punter Pat McAfee was arrested and charged with public intoxication after drunkenly leaping into the canal that runs through the Broad Ripple part of Indianapolis and then apparently running wet and shirtless into the street. (AP/ESPN) ...the punter? Seriously? We've stated before that punters and kickers are arguably one of the most trouble-free positions on a team. The guy who goes to a bar and punches someone's lights out usually isn't the punter. If we believe the stereotypes, the punter would more likely be the guy with braces arguing violently at a Star Trek convention over whether Kirk or Picard is the better captain.

I mean, McAfee fundamentally didn't do anything terribly wrong beyond getting tankered and freezing his jock off (which, for all I actually know, may be illegal in Indianapolis), but I suppose that's what happens when a guy, whose entire job consists of essentially signaling that the offense has failed, finally, erm, snaps

***

I'm finally feeling better. I'm congested and gross, however, and I'm thoroughly convinced that I'll end up giving my symposium talk tomorrow sounding like Lou Holtz. Let me practice: "Noder Dame isth the besth theam there ith!"

No comments:

Post a Comment