Monday, December 6, 2010

Futility!

The news breaks now that, amid a flurry of midseason coaching turnover, the Denver Broncos have booted out Josh McDaniels after approximately 1.75 seasons, citing both his abysmal record and allegations of cheating by videotaping the San Francisco 49ers at practice. (ESPN/AP). My comment on this is that at least Bill Belichick videotaped someone actually good at football.  

My mass spectroscopist and I (doing our usual routine of Monday morning quarterbacking) got into a discussion of which Coach is next on the hot seat. My vote: Jeff Fisher of the Titans. We hate to make fun of the Titans too much, but if you're 5-7, you haven't scored a touchdown in 13 quarters (and don't appear to be making progress on locating this "end zone," whatever that is), your team has legal and psychological issues, your defensive backfield has more punchouts than Manny Pacquiao, your quarterback is a nutcase, and Randy Moss can't even fix the problem, you're probably pretty well shafted.

Runner up: Marvin Lewis of the now historically awful Cincinnati Bengals, who suffer from whatever syndrome the Detroit Lions have which causes them to play for 48 minutes only (and additionally from whatever disease the Vikings have, which makes them awesome on paper but stinky trash in real life.)

Speaking of Detroit, the Bears are now 9-3 and I couldn't be happier. I'm hoping that the Bears meet the Saints in the playoffs (wild-card, anyone?), so that I can watch this game with my friend Catherine (occasional reader and Saints fan extraordinaire) - with me in Devin Hester's #23 and her in Drew Brees' #9. 

No comments:

Post a Comment