Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This just in...

I know, everyone is still reeling from the USA's anticlimactic World Cup implosion against Ghana, or happy/upset over having to watch Germany/Argentina annihilate everyone they play. There's still a few hilarious things happening in football, however, (the other football: the one without the low scoring, bad acting, and endlessly buzzing vuvuzelas). Did you hear that a woman actually burst her windpipe blatting away on one of those things for hours on end? (UK Daily Mail)

My favorite story from the past two days: Detroit Lions president Tom Lewand was arrested in Michigan (following a charity golf game) for driving with a blood alcohol level over twice the state's legal limit - after telling police that he was the designated driver. (ESPN) I don't know what to say about this, but if I were president of the Lions, I'd probably be drinking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment