Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ahhhh...

I swear, every football fan alive must love it when they go out in public on game day, wearing some piece of team regalia, and see other people, who are wearing pieces of team regalia, approve wholeheartedly of their choice in apparel. 

Case in point: where I live, even though it's not in Illinois, there is actually a fairly high population of Bears fans. I went to the grocery store today wearing my Devin Hester jersey (as I am anxious and excited to see what the Windy City Flyer will do in his first preseason game returning punts tonight. Probably nothing, but what the heck.) As I browsed around in the vitamin aisle, I noticed a guy wearing a Robbie Gould jersey. I thought about saying something witty, like "Hey man, are you kicking tonight?" but before I could, this fellow gives me the once over, half-smiles, and nods approvingly, as if to say "Well-played, my friend. Well-played." Like there's some kind of secret Bears Fan Illuminati that can't be openly discussed, but is totally awesome nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment